Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Meet Author: Marcia Colette

I'm Marcia Colette and I love to write urban fantasy, YA, horror, and paranormal romance. Since I was never a voracious reader until later in life, I try to write stories that I like to read, and for readers who don't have a lot of time in their busy lives.

My first published novel started with Half Breed (formerly known as Stripped) and my fantasy life took off from there. My next novel was a paranormal romance entitled Unstable Environment and I also released Bittersweet (YA), Hazardous Environment (Paranormal Romance), The Spider Inside Her (Urban Fantasy), and Deadlier by the Dozen (Urban Fantasy). I have sold several short stories and novellas to Mocha Memoirs Press and I continued my Alexa York series with Purple Sword Publications.

When I'm not reading or writing, I live my best life in the real world as an IT Manager and enjoy getting into trouble with my manga-loving daughter. I can't draw, so she's out of luck with that one. However, I always write a little piece of her into each of my characters.

For more information regarding my adult and YA urban fantasy novels, please visit me at www.marciacolette.com.


More about Marcia Colette:

When did you decide you wanted to be a writer and what inspired you?

I decided I wanted to be a writer while traveling back one afternoon on the T in Boston. I had read everything I could get my hands on with Stephen King, Laurel K. Hamilton, and Bentley Little and I wanted more. So, I decided at that moment that I would write my own.


Tell readers about your most current release.

My current release as Marcia Colette is called Silent Scream It's a paranormal YA about a teenager with psychokinetic powers who's looking for her kidnapped mother who's not only psychokinetic, too but also schizophrenic and capable of enough destruction to introduce the human world to the supernatural one. Writing as V.G. Harrison, my latest release is a short story called Message in a Vessel and it's in an anthology titled Slay, Stories of the Vampire Noire. This story is about the future where vampires rule the Earth and they're running out of food. So, they're looking at the stars to sate their appetites. 


What do you love most about writing?

I love being a pantser. I usually know how a story starts, but I never know where it's going until somewhere around the middle. By then, I have so much going on that I need to craft my way toward that satisfying ending that even I didn't know was coming because it's usually a twist.


Which of your stories is your favorite and why?

That's a hard question. I guess I would have to say my YA books are my favorite right now. But, that doesn't mean older stories don't always pique my interest, too. There have been some characters--Alexa York--that I would love to revisit. In fact, I need to revise one of her stories that I've been putting off for a while. For my V.G. Harrison books, I would say Viable Babies, the last book in my Viability series.


What is the strangest thing you’ve had to research for a book?

Fine-structure constant and quantum entanglement for my upcoming release Engine in the Sky.


What message do you want your readers to take away from your stories?

Sometimes the world can feel like a dark, scary place, but you have it within you to rise above it.  

AVAILABLE TITLES:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment